The Tata Group is an eminent business group in India and a trusted partner of choice for various global organizations. The group is a conglomeration of various companies, which deal in diverse products and services, including telecommunications, investments, watches, insurances, chemicals, and much more.
Tata Motors Limited is an integral part of the group, manufacturing a range of vehicles, including cars, buses, trucks, coaches, vans, military vehicles, construction equipment, and more. With manufacturing plants In India, Argentina, Thailand, United Kingdom, and South Africa, as well as research centres in India, Spain, South Korea, and the UK, it features among the leading vehicle manufacturing companies of the world.
We explore some of the best cars manufactured by the organization.
• Tata Nano: This is one of the most affordable cars. It was launched at an unbelievable price of Rs. 1 Lakh only. Initially, the company had planned to build the car in Singur, West Bengal. But, after a major controversy it shifted the factory to Gujarat.
• Tata Indica: Launched in the year 1998, this is one of the most popular cars in India. It is also the first passenger car made by Tata best gas mileage and is also among the first cars fully designed and produced by an Indian company.
• Tata Sumo: Launched in the year 1994, this is one of the most admired MUV in India. After a major facelift in the year 2004, the car was christened the Sumo Victa. Later, the Tata Spacio, Sumo Victa Turbo DI, Tata Sumo Grande, and the Tata Sumo Raptor followed.
• Tata Indigo: Built on the Indica platform, the car borrowed the suspension, chassis, and engine designs also from its predecessor. This compact sedan had entered the Indian automobile market to challenge the Maruti Swift Dzire and it succeeded in its mission too.
• Tata Bolt: This is the latest offering from the company. Launched in January this year, the hatchback is available in both diesel and petrol variants. Another addition to the Horizon Next strategy of Tata, the car excels in the areas of looks, design, and performance.
• Tata Zest: Available in 5 diesel and 4 petrol variants, the Zest is the latest entrant in the compact sedan segment from Tata. The exteriors of the car are similar to the Bolt with a few changes to give it a look of a sedan. The interiors are exactly same as that of the hatchback.
There are a host of other cars that the ace car manufacturer produces. We have listed above the top six, based on popularity.